Monday, January 31, 2011

I got the bug.....

...the knitting bug.
I have always been a very reluctant knitter. I began with socks and loved them but I wasn't keen on expanding my repertoire. Then low and behold, my dolls began begging for sweaters. Don't they know me? I don't make sweaters. Socks only...and then only for big feet.
Well I acquiesced and started with a very simple pattern. I added sweaters to 4 dolls already and I just love how they feel with the extra layer of snuggly-ness. Here are the results of sweaters 5-9.
They will soon be seen on some of my ready to go Moonchild Dolls. I'll keep you posted.
xo

10 comments:

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Hurray for you! I have always wanted to learn to knit........but have never jumped in. Your dolls and little sweaters are just adorable! Blessings,Kathleen

Lauren said...

They look beautiful Berrie! I started on doll sweaters a few months ago and they are so fun. I am almost confident enough to try to knit a few sweaters for my daughters.

leaslooks said...

Keep it up! I love all your work and your knitting is lovely. I would also love some knitted socks for my dolls ;)

Aimee B said...

Berrie,
Although I have never beena reluctant knitter, I have often refered to myself as a clumsy knitter. I just don't ever seem to look like I know what I am doing... my knitting tells a different story however, so I keep at it and love the process! I love the things you share with us...
Love, Aimee

Laurie said...

Wonderful!! I love the knitted stuff on these dolls. You, I'm sure, are doing a brilliant job!!!

Olie said...

they are so nice sweaters,i know how hard to make these little ones..love your work.
Yfat

Barrie Hamby said...

Thank you dear ladies!

By the Bluegrass said...

Oooh, these are precious! I wish I could knit like that. Good for you for branching out! Can't wait to see your adorable dolls wearing them.
xo,
Sena

Anonymous said...

How lovely :-) I wonder if my two dolls will have snuggly jumpers :-) Blessings Kerry Western Australia

كل شيء said...

Keep it up! I love all your work and your knitting is lovely. I would also love some knitted socks for my dolls ;)