Sunday, December 30, 2007

What will 2008 hold for Moonchild Handwork Studio and Me

With the advent of the New Year, I feel the energy and inspiration to make positive changes in my business. Building a website is top on the list. I am hoping to make it easier for my current and future customers to get information on the dolls I make and to be able to order with ease. Right now, I rely on loads of e-mailing back and forth and I worry about missing something important.
One of the most enjoyable parts of making my dolls is the opportunity to come up with creative clothing for them. I am working on some new patterns to be sold as additional clothing. My standard dolls will come with a set outfit and there will be a choice of color or fabric pattern. Additional outfits, doll quilts, diapers and shoes will be available.
Another thing I'm very excited to do is share some patterns and tutorials. I love it when people want to try their hand at doll making and I would be so happy to share what I know and provide assistance. I should have my first free pattern up by February.
I will be giving myself a raise in the New Year and the new prices will be reflected on orders starting Jan 1st. It isn't much, but it may be noticed by my returning customers.
I appreciate each and everyone of you. I began sewing full time at the beginning of September 2007 and I was blown away by the response I received. I got in a little over my head and your patience and understanding helped me through the growing pains. I learned so much about my limitations and what is actually possible.

Here's to a exciting and wonderful New Year!

Much Love,
Berrie

No comments: